A fuse holder is a housing enclosure, mounted in the equipment and is designed to hold the fuse. A fuse that is simple to remove or easy to install indicates shorter downtime and safer replacement leading to cost-cutting. Fuse Holders are used for Power Supplies, Stabilizers, UPS, Solar Lanterns, Water Purifiers, Power Controllers, Bedside Monitor, Defibrillators, E-bikes. Fuse holders can hold both North American and international sized fuses. Elcom offers a wide range of fuse holders and variants to handle circuit protection, as per the industry requirement, with the flexibility to incorporate fuse holders into a circuit in various ways. A suitable pairing of fuse and fuse holder is ensured at design stage itself. The major design considerations include:
- Appropriate fuse size
- Load ratings
- The large inrush current to the equipment at start-up
- The duration of overload current to be sustained by the equipment
- The strength of overload current to physically destroy the fuse
- Thermal considerations
- – Power dissipation of the fuse link
- – Ratings of the fuse holder
- – Ambient temperatures inside and outside equipment
- – Electrical load changes
- – Long operation times
- – Ventilation, cooling, and heat dissipation
- – Wire lengths and sizes
Quality and Approvals
- Multi-pole configurations
- 6.3 A to 30 amperes of rated current.
- Dielectric voltage exceeds 1500 volts (1 minute).
- Mounting: Withstands 15 lb./inch mounting torque. Maximum panel thickness is 3 mm.
- Molded Parts: Black Thermoplastic (UL 94 V-0 or UL 94 V-2) on request.
- Knob: Bayonet style or screw type
- Terminals: Copper & copper alloy. Tin plated.
- Ambient Temperature: –20°C to +85°C.
- Hardware: Neoprene washer, lock washer & hex nut unassembled.
- Choice of local fuse indication; viewing window
- IP20 finger-safe construction with lock-out/tag-out feature.
Removable fuse carrier allows fuse replacement away from base while maintaining finger-safe rating.
Meets a wide variety of fuse holders
No tools required for insertion or removal of fuses
Finger safe design
- Reliable and inexpensive
- Improved electrical safety
- Reduced total cost of ownership of the equipment and devices
Proposed Data Protection Bill to Trigger Demand for High Efficiency Data Centers in India
Efficiency, being an integral part of new age data centers’ value proposition, specially in India...
Wire Harness – a central nervous system of any Electrical System
Wire harnesses are compactly bundled wires & circuits that function as the central nervous system...
ISO & OHSAS Certifications
Prevailing In The Manufacturing
Elcom International has taken an endeavor to implement following systems in its Kolhapur based manufacturing...