NEMA connectors are referred to a combination of plugs and receptacles used as twist-lock device in AC/DC power systems in North America and other countries. NEMA governs the standards of plugs and receptacles type connectors in the US and Canada. When it comes to protecting IT equipment, the power quality products and components play a crucial role and its paramount to provide a correct combination of plug and receptacles. With NEMA connectors, numerous output combinations are possible to match a large variety of requirements in Data Center PDU applications. Read more
Elcom NEMA receptacles are especially designed for the North American market. These receptacles are known as the twist lock receptacles because the mating plug can be locked in the receptacle by twisting it after insertion. Elcom has been a pioneer in the design and development of NEMA twist-lock connectors. The locking connectors using curved blades make a more reliable connection in commercial and industrial wiring, where the electrical systems require protection from vibration or sudden impact. Elcom International offers the most common NEMA configurations for use in North America for 125ac and 250Vac single phase systems.
Available Receptacle combination : 5-15R, 5-20R, L5-20R, L5-30R, L6-20R, L6-30R, L14-30R
Available Plug combination: L5-20P, L5-30P, L6-20P, L6-30P, L21-20P, L21-30P
Quality & Safety Approvals
- UL File E258604 (Electrical Receptacle), E362808 (Lock Twist Plug)
- CSA Certified 239539
- Meets NEMA standard, WD-6 & CSA-C22.2, UL 498
- RoHS/REACH compliant products
- Elcom made NEMA connectors current ratings range from 15 Amps to 30 Amps, with voltage ratings from 125 to 250 Volts
- These connectors feature a varying combinations of contact blade widths, shapes, orientation, and dimensions, which makes the connectors non-interchangeable.
- Each of these combinations are unique for current parameters such as voltage, electric current carrying capacity, and grounding system.
- Elcom NEMA connectors plastic material can provide resistance to impact and chemicals..
- Higher operating temp, can sustain -25 to +125°
- Interchangeability of mating parts of other makes
- UL-94 V-2/V-0 flammability rating available
- Can be provide in required colors on request.
- Suits product aesthetics & identification
- Non Hazardous and Environment friendly
Elcom made NEMA connectors are most suitable for residential/industrial applications.
Locking in the mating position offers advantage in the applications where the electrical systems are subject to vibration or accidental unplugging.
Easy connection for wiring .
The design of the NEMA connectors ensures different voltages and current ratings as per standard requirements.
Superior spring characteristics for increased contact force, secure connections
The neutral blade is nickel-plated for easy identification
A secured cord is ensured with an internal cord clamps with unique "radius teeth" design.
Risk of fire hazards elimination
Suitable for various climatic conditions
- Elcom made NEMA connectors offers wiring speed and long life
- Maximum safety is achieved with high impact and heat resistance
- Increased reliability with high-conductivity, corrosion resistant material
Wire Harness – a central nervous system of any Electrical System
Wire harnesses are compactly bundled wires & circuits that function as the central nervous system...
ISO & OHSAS Certifications
Prevailing In The Manufacturing
Elcom International has taken an endeavor to implement following systems in its Kolhapur based manufacturing...
Elcom Kagal Factory Tour
Elcom International is pleased to announce the new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility at 5-Star Kagal MIDC...